Related Posts with Thumbnails

A quarter of a century

Today is my 25th birthday. This means, as my friend Ruth has mentioned several times, I have now lived a quarter of a century! On occasions like this, I often think more about the many blessings I have enjoyed in my years under the sun. These are blessings that can easily be taken for granted, but which many people must do without. For example: two parents, enough food and water every day of my life, trees, fresh air, and access to education.

So far 18 people have let me know they are coming to my over a hill birthday party. I expect there will be a few more. I am looking forward to seeing people I haven't had contact with for a while. I don't know if I am looking forward to all the baking I'll need to do tomorrow and Friday, but I am sure it will be fun once I start!

I have also received lovely messages from friends because of my special day, which started last week. I am reminded to be grateful that people are thinking of me and they do care. As J. D. Salinger said: "I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." I think God is in on the conspiracy as well.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP