Related Posts with Thumbnails

Just like primary school

At church on Sunday night I was surprised to see my friend Mike Jolly turning around in his seat and making faces at me. I have never been to primary school, because I was home schooled, but I knew primary school conduct when I saw it. "Sherrin's got a boyfriend ha ha ha". Mike had clearly read my Officially unsingle post. Since I was sitting next to Dave, the temptation to tease obviosuly overcame Mike. I made faces right back. The only thing to do, really. The next time Mike made faces at me I studiously looked ahead, concentrating on the sermon. I decided such immature conduct as Mike's was beneath me. Now Mike is teasing me on my own blog. Scandalous. Thankfully I don't mind, as he well knows.

While Mike may occasionally seem immature, I have actually seen him display a lot of maturity in recent times. Shortly after Mike made faces at me, there was an extended open prayer time in the church service. Mike said two great prayers.

Another way he demonstrated maturity was in his response to my concerns about his serious online dating relationship with Christine, which he wrote of
here. I was concerned about Mike giving up his whole heart and soul to someone he had never met, so I told him so. I figured that since I'd already expressed this concern to several friends, I'd better tell the man himself. Mike displayed maturity when he listened to what I said.

I am still somewhat concerned about Mike being so in love with someone he has never met, but I know that Mike is seeking God. Our Father in heaven is in the habit of caring for his people, including Mike and Christine. As they seek him, they will be able to overcome whatever obstacles they face. Even if the worst case scenario I have been known to contemplate does happen, they will be secure in God's love and he will enable them to grow closer to him. They meet next month, and I am looking forward to hearing about it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP