Related Posts with Thumbnails

The ring

I realised that I haven't posted a picture of "the ring" on my blog, so here is one . . .


Dave gave me the ring on a log in a forrest, amongst some of the tallest eucalypts in the world.

I was reminded to post this picture because one of my blog readers wrote a poem for Dave and I for our engagement. Here it is:

A Prayer For Your Engagement

May the brilliance of the diamond
You wear on your hand
Forever captivate you
As together you stand
Delighting in each other
And pledging to be true,
Dreaming of the day
That one life is made of two.
May this ring remind you
It’s your own love’s special token,
Declaring your love so strongly
No words need be spoken.
May its many beautiful facets
Be a delight to behold,
And may time just like the diamond,
Help you both unfold
The many beautiful facets
That make up your beloved’s life
As you prayerfully plan this journey
Of becoming man and wife.

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

Thanks, Glenys, for taking the time to write us this sweet message!

Glenys Hicks  – (May 9, 2007 at 3:38 PM)  

Your ring is lovely, Sherrin! What a romantic way for Dave to give it to you! You look radiant and happy.

Blessings and love,

Glenys

ineedtoread  – (May 11, 2007 at 5:27 PM)  

Well, can't see the ring toooo well, but I'm sure it's lovely. :) I wanted to say, though, that poem is BEAUTIFUL!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP