Related Posts with Thumbnails

Dave's home

I enjoyed spending several days at Dave's home last weekend. It looks very run down on the outside, but it is quite cosy within! Dave has enjoyed renting this property because of its beautiful rural location. It also has very low rent, which is a bonus!


We spent some lovely time on the front porch, reading Lord of the Rings and discussing everything financial from how many toys children should be given to whether or not to take out a loan for a home and how much debt for a home would be too much. We really want to always maintain a grateful attitude for what God has given, rather than overcommiting outselves and then feeling stretched and complaining that we "can't afford" things.


I was blessed to stay with a friend of Dave's a few minutes drive away. She was an example of hospitality. When I arrived, there were lots of chocolates on the towel near my bed, as well as hand cream, soap and shower gel. This was a lovely surprise! She also took the trouble to find out that I liked fruit, and bought me some even though she doesn't like it. I love it when I stay at people's houses and gain more tips for hospitality through observing their actions!

I hope to post more pictures of my time in Melbourne soon.

Susan  – (May 18, 2007 at 10:04 PM)  

How fun! Adrian and I love talking about topics like that. We've discussed children's playthings too. . . actually that discussion happened mostly before we even met, or started courting, so it was in a more abstract sense, not an "when, Lord willing, we have kids" context at all.

Chocolates on a pillow. . . now that's hospitality!

deb  – (May 18, 2007 at 10:07 PM)  

I also love it when I can pick up new hospitality ideas. Sometimes I feel so lacking in that area, but it's one thing I delight in - making other people feel comfortable in our home.

It sounds like you and Dave are having some good discussions in preparation for your marriage. It must be a very exciting time for you both.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP