Related Posts with Thumbnails

Holidays!

Today is the first day for months where I have not had any study to do! I handed in the last of 20 assignments for this trimester yesterday. I can actually have a look at some of my unfinished projects, including last year's scrapbook.

I can also get more excited, instead of stressed, about planning for my wedding and marriage. There are bridesmaids dresses to organise, invitations to write, and churches to see.

While I've been studying, I've also been procrastinating through creating things like meal plans for my future married life. I don't want to be scrambling around at 5 or 6pm every day trying to find something for us to eat! The usual results of that in my life currently are baked beans on toast. That could get a bit tiresome after a while.

I am thinking of having a rotating three weekly meal plan. Below I have posted one week that I've come up with - subject to change without notice! I also think that perhaps I will slot Dave into at least one more night of cooking duty, depending upon what our schedules are. After all, he has developed all these culinary talents after years of singleness and I wouldn't want to see them go to waste :).

Meal Plan Week 1
Sunday lunch: Spinach pies, Apple crumble
Sunday dinner: Bean soup and bread
Monday: Jacket potatoes with mushroom & feta
Tuesday: Succotash
Wednesday: Chicken skewers with green salad
Thursday: Quiche, Pea and Celery medley
Friday: Pizza and green salad, Coconut impossible pie
Saturday Sausages and mashed potatoes - Dave

I would appreciate any meal planning tips or ideas for easy meals that anyone has.

Felicity  – (May 6, 2007 at 12:36 PM)  

I plan my meals a month in advance taking into account the days activites. The nights I am out i have quick meals and weekends I can treat myself to meals which require longer preparation. Meal planning makes it easier to do my shopping and also takes the 'What do I cook tonight' hassle out of the day. I think with any planner though there needs to be some degree of flexibility, All the best with you planning! There are great websites where you get emailed recipes on a daily or weekly basis too if you want more recipes.
Enjoy Wedding planning over your holidays :)
~ Felicity

Anonymous –   – (May 15, 2007 at 1:05 PM)  

You seem to be very organised. I have found that since I was married, we tend to throw a lot of food away needlessly as we shop for a week's worth of food and then are invited out to eat quite a lot. I think that this is more common for newlyweds, from what I can tell.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP