Related Posts with Thumbnails

Meal plan

After I posted Week 1 of a potential menu plan in this post, Dave seemed a little concerned that I was going to have him making sausages and mash every Saturday night for the rest of his life. In case anyone else was labouring under that mistaken idea, here is Week 2 of a sample menu plan! Again, I'd love to hear from anyone who has any tips to give me! I've been asking ladies at church, and I am grateful to have learnt quite a bit about freezing food. I can imagine that freezing food could be very handy when there are only two of you and every recipe serves 4! It would be great to have a variety of things in the freezer for difficult days. If any of my readers have tips on freezing food, I'd love to hear about them!

Week 2

Sunday lunch: Potato and bean pies, Fruit salad

Sunday dinner: Pumpkin soup and corn bread

Monday: Rice with chicken and vegetables

Tuesday: Chicken wraps and potato salad

Wednesday: Macaroni and cheese, Baked pumpkin

Thursday: Potatoes with sour cream topping

Friday: Haystacks, Chocolate pudding

Saturday: Risotto - Dave

aus_chick  – (May 11, 2007 at 11:38 PM)  

as to freezing - pretty much anything can be frozen.

I always chop up herbs and freeze them. I mainly do parsley, but i'm pretty sure that you could freeze all of them. Just chop them up first.

I also freeze portions of tomato paste too. I get little squares of glad wrap and put a tablespoon in each square, wrap them up, and stick them in a zip lock in my freezer.

Stock is another one that can be frozen. I don't do this very much though.

The Borg –   – (May 12, 2007 at 9:50 PM)  

What are haystacks, other than something Monet painted?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP