Related Posts with Thumbnails

Lydia's blog

Visit Lydia's blog to find out about . . .

1. Her Candid reflections on getting married. Find out how Lydia abandoned "the faulty notion that a person should assume he or she has been given the gift of celibacy (life-long state of remaining unmarried) unless God calls him or her to marriage." Crystal's comments on this post, about being content whilst desiring marriage, are gems.

2. Her
inspiring younger sister! It was such a blessing to read about Susanna's godly character. I wish I could meet her! I am sure that she could teach me a lot about homemaking. We live in a time when, even in the church, it is commonly expected that teenagers will behave badly. It is wonderfully refreshing to read about young people who are examples of God's way to spend your youth. I would be much better prepared for marriage now if I'd choosen to work productively and love God as a teen, instead of grumbling and feeling sorry for myself!

Father's Grace Ministries  – (June 1, 2007 at 9:34 PM)  

What a blessing to read about Susanna! We have 2 little girls- 5 & 3-It's our heart's desire to raise them to be godly young women.

On the marriage bit, I had to wait till I was 32 for God to bring my husband along.As the years ticked on, I used to remind the Lord,that He was in Eternity, but I still lived in Time & my body clock was tickin'!- But at the end of the day His timing is perfect!! God bless you & your beloved as you plan your future wedding.
Claire

Sherrin  – (June 12, 2007 at 9:54 AM)  

I am grateful that you appreciated the links I posted. Sometimes I wonder if there is any point posting links, so I am encouraged that they were a blessing to you!

Thanks for your wise words about marriage!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP