Related Posts with Thumbnails

Anonymous comments

I have recently had a couple more anonymous comments about contraception. I will not be publishing these for several reasons. The first is that I don't feel like engaging in debate with people on personal topics if those people will not do me the courtesy of even telling me their names. The second is that these comments were posted on my propsal and engagement posts, which (as far as I can tell!) have nothing to do with contraception. If you want me to engage with you on this topic, you are going to have to demonstrate some kindness and grace through commenting on appropriate posts. Alternatively, you could email me.

Lydia  – (May 8, 2007 at 12:00 AM)  

I have been receiving some pretty baseless anonymous comments lately as well. I finally decided to disable the anonymous comments. I greatly disliked doing it but personal admonitions without a name or face and emotional appeals to avoid a given book are not my idea of helpful commentary. With my more controversial posts on Maken's book and a few others I have in mind to write I decided it might be best to do this now.

Hope you don't continue to be plagued by such insensitive and groundless comments. It sounds like you made the right decision to not allow them.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP