Related Posts with Thumbnails

The example of Jesus in prayer

I recently enjoyed dropping over to Mountain Musings during one of my all-to-short times on the computer during a break at school. Tom posted a long quote from Charles Spurgeon on Jesus' example in prayer. As Spurgeon says, "If ever one of woman born might have lived without prayer, it was our spotless, perfect Lord, and yet none was ever so much in supplication as he!". Yet Christ made a habit of fellowshiping with his Father. This is a reminded of how much more I need to make prayer a priority, at war as I am with sin. I often fail to have the victory, while Christ was always victorious. I need his power desperately, yet I often fail to spend time asking for it. I hope this quote will remind me to renew my commitment to concentrated prayer.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP