Related Posts with Thumbnails

Fighting fear

I enjoyed reading Kimi's Update on my bed rest and a few thoughts yesterday. I have been praying for Kimi (and several other people I read about on blogs) as they come to mind. I appreciated Kimi's sense of humour, humility, and faith in this post. I appreciated Kimi's thoughts on fighting fear. I am poor at fighting fear. It is great when people don't make excuses for their fears, but instead confront and repent of them. What a good example! Here is what Kimi wrote on fear:

Anyway, it has been a little difficult having so much "worry time" available. With both of my pregnancies being more stressful, I am always having to fight fears as I wait for the "next blow". My mother is being called over all the time so I can ask her questions on whether she thinks there is a problem or not. But while I was at the hospital, God did give me some wonderful verses to comfort me. Mind you, I certainly don't always turn to these as I should with my fears. But when I remember to, they are of great comfort.

Psalm 34:4 "I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears."

Psalm 46: 1-2 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear......"

(Notice that we are not promised no trouble in this verse, but promised that God will be our strength and refuge when we are in troubling times)

God also spoke to me through the story of the disciples with Jesus in the stormy sea. The disciples were very frightened and scared as Jesus slept. After Jesus rebuked the storm, he turned to his disciples and said "Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?" Mark 4:40 I realized that when I was very afraid, it was because of a lack of faith in the goodness of God and not having enough faith in His promises. I also realized that I always thought it was silly for the disciples to be so afraid when they had Christ with them. But don't I have Christ with me? Did he not promise that he would be with us always, even to the end of the age?

God is good and he continues to work in my sinful, fearful heart.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP