Related Posts with Thumbnails

The dark side of travel

Although I love to learn about other countries, and I want to travel more at some stage, I am sometimes reminded that travel does have a dark side. The food I hear about is particularly worrying. I recently read the Travel and Indulgence section of The Weekend Australian. One article describes the city Reykjavik in Iceland. Here's what the author has to say about the food. "Restaurants in Reykjavik are varied and, of course, pricey. But fush soup, which features on almost every menu, isn't. With local delicacies including everything from lundi (puffin) and sivo (singed sheep's head) to harkarl (putrefied shark meat) and sursaoir hrutspungar (pickled ram's testicles), we eat a lot of fish soup." A couple of months ago I read about the food in South Korea, and it sounded even worse. In markets they were serving some type of worm which looked a smelt like fresh rabbit droppings.

One reason not to travel: you won't like the food. In fact, when you see it you will realise that you are not hungry at all.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP