Related Posts with Thumbnails

Keeping up with the blogs

I have long intended to post on how to manage your blog addiction through blog tracking technology, but never got around to it. Last week Susan did it for me. Go and check out Susan, the technology expert.

I recently deleted two blogs from my bloglines tracking system, because I wasn't keeping up with them all. Now I only have 14 blogs I'm trying to read regularly, plus visiting others more intermittently. It is tiring, I tell you! I am almost relieved when I visit a blog and I don't particularly like it. I think "Phew, I'm not going to be tempted to visit this one all the time, and I won't have to add it to all the others". I have so many blogs that I do like (probably 30 or so), I could be reading all day! Blog tracking does save time, because you don't have to check blogs all the time when they have not been updated anyway. Some people hardly ever update, so it is especially useful for those sort of blogs.

Some noteworthy things around the blogosphere:

John has also saved me some blogging effort, through posting one of my favourite hymns. I love Abide with me and often sing it to myself. I think I need a dose of it right now, but I'd better not start singing in the Online Access Centre.

Deb has a lovely post on The Sweet Aroma of Blogging. I enjoy finding out why others enjoy blogging, and how they started with it. It was fun to read of Deb's initial confusion about what the point was!

Kimi has some lovely thoughts on how to respond to others' faults. Now, if only I would put the advice into action!

God keeps reminding me of my responsiblity for the words I choose to post here! I know I have readers who never comment online. Often friends will mention my blog to me when I see them in "real life", and I'm reminded that more people are reading than I realise! This is a big reminder to pray over what I write.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP