Related Posts with Thumbnails

Travels with a new friend

I have made one new friend in Launceston, Praise God. I made friends with Ruth when she gave me a lift down to Hobart one weekend. I work with Ruth, she is a Teacher's Aide and secretary at the school, but I did not get to know her much until we travelled together down to Hobart. A two and a half hour trip is a good time to find out whether or not you enjoy someone's company!

After that, one day she invited me to go on a day trip with her to see more around Launceston. We went for a drive beside the Tamar River . . .


I thought Auld Kirk Sidmouth, pictured below, would be the ideal place to be buried! It is a Presbyterian church.



Here is Ruth at Perth during one of our stops on the trip to Hobart. People who travel with me always have to stop for a few minutes every half hour to let me out for a little walk to help my back pain (when I'm on the bus I just get up and walk the aisle). Ruth made these little stops lots of fun!


It was also fun in Ross, where we stopped at a lolly shop. I bought an ice cream, which seemed a good way to celebrate the start of winter! It was early in June. I wore trousers that day just to prove to Ruth that I do wear trousers sometimes! She had asked me one day at work if I ever do! It is in our contract that we must wear skirts to work, so I don't have any choice there, but I wear skirts a lot anyway.


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP