Related Posts with Thumbnails

A guest post from my Mum

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:2-3.

In the last seven years I have seen these verses lived out so vividly in the life of my daughter Sherrin. Seven years ago I was earnestly seeking the Lord for the soul of my daughter, spending hours before him interceding for all of my four children. He had given them to me. He would answer my petitions. I asked the Lord to do whatever He needed to do to bring Sherrin into His kingdom. That same year in July Sherrin was seriously injured in a car accident and is still in pain from that. In the following years I saw the mighty hand of God moving and transforming His child into a new creation just as He promises He will do for every person who seeks His face with a humble and repentant heart. He showed Sherrin her heart and her need. He led her to the foot of the Cross and showed her a life beyond her pain. This life sustains her today. This life has led her into the treasures that God has for all men and she knows that this life, the Lord Jesus Christ, is sufficient in pain-filled days. Nothing else satisfies the soul. The Lord answered my prayers in an unexpected and awesome way and as I have watched Him at work in Sherrin my heart bursts with a mixture of sorrow and joy. Only the Lord can bring such joy out of sorrow.

by Lorraine Ward

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP