Related Posts with Thumbnails

What to say?

I am back in the land of few friends and no personal computer, otherwise known as Launceston. So yesterday I dropped into the online access centre to book myself a couple of hours on Friday. The person who booked me into the computer was apologising for not remembering my name, and told me he was very tired. He said "I do the tarot card readings. The lady this morning didn't want to use the tarot cards, so I had to rely on my clairvoyants and boy am I exhausted." I said "Oh no, that is no good, that is no good at all" or something of that nature. I was thinking of the clairvoyants, not the exhaustion! I was grasping for somthing more intelligent and spiritual to say, but nothing came. So I wandered out the door feeling a little stunned! What do you think you would have said? "Repent and believe in the living God, do not call upon dangerous demons", or something a little more innovative? All I could think of afterwards was that I could have spoken with him about my limited experience with witchcraft and its dangers, and how God can set you free, but it sounds like he is into it much more than I ever was.

This experience reminded me of how easy it is to meet non-Christians simply though being involved in community groups or activities. For example, you could join a garden club or a patchwork class. These groups are usually full of people who don't know God. I could volunteer to help run the online access centre, but I don't think I'd have the time or be reliable enough with all my travelling to and from Hobart. However, I always want to keep in mind that joining in with community activities is a great way to meet people if you have time. You can often combine doing something you enjoy with reaching out to the lost. A happy mix, I think.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP