Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back home and in need of prayers

I am back home for the first time in five weeks! I came down in a car with a friend from work, and we had a great time talking. Three hours went quickly! I have been staying in Launceston so much that I've started to call the house where I board there "home", but it is nothing like my real home! Up there I have a bed with someone else's floral bed cover's on it, walls with someone else's pictures, and a bookshelf with only about 15 residents. Here I have shelves covered with my familiar friends, walls with my BA certificate, cross stitch, and a print of a homey cottage and garden, and a bed with my own butterfly cushion and bright bed spread. I also have that much desired connection with the "world": my computer. It is nice to sit and surf without someone coming up behind you and saying "you have five minutes remaining", or without the bell at school ringing to signify that my break is finished that I need to be back in class!

On the way back home, Mum and I stopped to visit my sister and brother-in-law and their daughter Esther (2 1/2). They live five minutes from our house. I have been longing to see Esther, and woke up excited about it this morning. It was nice to see that the feeling was reciprocated on her part. She heard yesterday that I was coming, and pestered her parents all afternoon about when I would arrive. Every five minutes the question was "Sherrin coming?" Her Dad got so frustrated that he called my Dad to ask where we were! We had a good time playing the usual games: chasings and dolls.

Now, on to the "in need of prayer" part. Ever since I began my job in Launceston I've had struggles with furniture. Due to my chronic back problem, I need specific chairs and mattresses. At first I was not sure whether or not to purchase a new chair and mattress for Launceston, but it became obvious that it was necessary. My new mattress is great, even though parting with $700 was painful. I also took my old chair, which is great, up to Launceston with me and ordered a new one for my parent's house. It was supposed to be exactly the same as my old one. Mum picked it up and paid for it a couple of weeks ago. When I arrived home tonight, I discovered it seems to be different in ways that mean it is not nearly so comfortable. This is a small thing in the big scheme of things, but it is a great disappointment to me. I thought my furniture struggles were all solved, and now it seems more problems are ahead! It cost $470, a big amount in my small salary, so please pray that I'll be able to get an exchange or refund.

I also need prayer in regard to my attitudes. I have been struggling with feeling covetous, probably because I am away from a lot of my things and I am always driving past shops on the way to work (which was not the case when I lived with my parents). I have also been struggling with frustration and anger. This is particularly in relation to my boarding situation. The lady I live with is a wonderful servant hearted person, but she also tries to help in ways that irritate me. I have struggled with feeling angry or ungrateful when she helps in ways I have not asked for, or she has not asked if I would like (for example, coming into my room to get my washing and do it when I am out). I also struggled with frustration, anger, and stress at school at times. This is often due to needing more patience with the children. This week I had a more unusual difficulty, when it seemed one mother was considering removing her daughter and placing her in a public school. I think this has been resolved, and the little girl will stay, but I need continued wisdom. I would be upset to see her move especially since, as the little girl said, "you are not allowed to pray there".

Here ends my confessions! I don't intend to begin using my blog as a personal "journal" (whatever some of my non-blog reading friends might think) and I am certainly not disclosing everything online. I have a journal. Trust me - this is not it! I prefer to post about ideas/events that have some relationship to others experience or may help them. However, the things I have mentioned here are ongoing struggles and I would appreciate your prayers.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP