Related Posts with Thumbnails

Yvonne and Owen


In Launceston a few weeks ago it was a joy to meet with friends from Hobart! I am lonely up in Launceston. I cried when I couldn't find them at the place we were supposed to meet! It all ended happily ever after though, as we did find each other!

Yvonne diagnosed me with homesickness and recommended some remedies, which I have not yet followed. I have been at home for a week though, which helps. It was a great blessing to go to my own church last night, even if I did have to leave earlier than I wanted to (my cough was bad).

When I met with Yvonne and Owen in Launceston, we spent most of our time talking about the Bible's teaching on money. I think we agree that Christians should be extremely generous, but we should also save and care for our families. As usual in our conversations though, we got to this point via many seeming disagreements that were not really disagreements. Yvonne and I always seem to come at things from different angles and get lost somewhere in the middle. Isn't it great that we're still such good friends? Yvonne says that it is a testimony to the power of Christ to unite us. We agree about far more than we disagree on, and our "disagreements" have become something of a joke.

Yvonne is passionate about the world's poor. She recently did a post on fair trade chocolate and cocoa.

Here are some verses that seem to go well with our conversation in Launceston:

"The fruit that your soul longed for has gone from you, and all the things which are rich and splendid have gone from you, and you shall find them no more at all.

"The merchants of these things, who became rich by her, will stand at a distance for fear of her torment, weeping and wailing.

"and saying, 'Alas, alas, that great city that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls!

"For in one hour such great riches came to nothing.

Revelation 18:14-19a.

I can't wait to meet up with Yvonne again in the North!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP