Related Posts with Thumbnails

Solo Femininity

When I took this photo of Yvonne I thought it seemed like a funny imitation of Carolyn McCulley's photo on Solo Femininity. Yvonne didn't mean it that way, since she has never seen Carolyn's wesite. Yvonne was just trying to hide.

Seriously though, Carolyn's weblog is a good one to check out. Her writing has been helpful to me as a single woman, since I discovered some of her articles a couple of years ago. I have not had time to explore her weblog much yet. Liberated From Feminism: The Personal Testimony of Carolyn McCulley is the article that influenced me most. This article explains how many of God's commands to young married women can also apply to single women. Even as an unmarried woman, I need to develop a love for home, a love for children, good works, self control, and other virtues married women need. A failure to make these priorities while single can mean they are not priorities during marriage either. It would be foolish to think you could suddenly enter a profession with no training, believing you could do a good job. It is equally foolish to make no effort to cultivate the traits married women need, and expect to suddenly be a godly wife one day.

As well as a link to a list of her articles, Carolyn's weblog covers many topics related to the Christian life. Many of these are of interest to all Christians, married or single, male or female. I love a recent post on Money, Greed, and Privacy. This reinforces my conviction that I am rich!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP