Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bible Memory

Since last year, I have been committed to memorizing scripture. This is one of the best things I have ever chosen to do in my devotional life. I write scriptures on cards and keep them in a box, arranged alphabetically according to the name of the book they are from. This is good for review. It is also good if you are travelling, because you can choose a letter of the alphabet, put a rubber band around those cards, and take them with you. Just be careful you dond't leave them on a plane like I did after a turbulent flight into Melbourne last week! It was one of my thickest collections of cards too - all the Psalms I have chosen to memorize! So this morning I wrote out Psalm one and two on cards again, and I still have several more to go!

Even if you find that you can't remember all that you want or you work on passage for months and don't remember it all, you will have done your heart, mind and soul an immense amount of good just through meditating on the word while trying to memorize it.

The Rebelution has a great post on the value of Bible memorization. Do Hard Things: Scripture Memorization is a challenge to work at this area of devotion. The comments section is also valuable as several people have given recommendations on how to memorize.

"For wisdom is better than rubies, and all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her" Proverbs 8: 11. Commit some time to memorizing God's wisdom.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP