Related Posts with Thumbnails

Fading Summer Days

In just two days summer will be over. I am praising God for a summer filled with fun, family, joy, peace, friends, books, warm days and cold ones, flowers, green rippling leaves, opportunities, accomplishments, the fulfillment of dreams, the unexpected, and of course the inevitable trials. The trees at the start of the highway are already reminding me that autumn is coming, as they gradually change to golden. Here are a few pictures and memories of my summer:

Flowers in Sydney . . .


The abundant harvest of many fruits and vegetables: berries, cherries, zucchini, carrots, plums, apples, lettuce, and more. Here Mum, Dad, and my older brother are picking berries . . .


Cousins meeting, all three of them together for the first time . . .


My garden filled with odd flowers I do not know the names of, grown from a packet mix . . .


Esther blessing us with her laughter, and her rapidly progressing speech. She can say Sherrin clearly now. This afternoon she kept calling, come Sherrin, Sherrin come . . .


Autumn is one of my favourite seasons, although I can never rate them as they are all special. I look forward to continuing on with the Lord, the one who created seasons.

While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and Heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP