Related Posts with Thumbnails

The winter flowers in our garden

I took these photos of the flowers in our garden so that I could participate in Blooming Tuesday for the first time!



We love our "strawberry planter" filled with pansies. In our experience, strawberries don't grow well in these and it is almost impossible to keep birds away from the fruit that do form. We have enjoyed it much more as a pansy planter!

These violas come up  of their own accord to adorn our lemon tree's pot after we planted an initial punnet. We enjoy seeing the new colour conbinations as they self seed.



Yes, I did take a photo of our potato vine! You can't see them well in this picture, but it has sweet white flowers with a yellow center. In the middle of winter, I'm grateful for any and all flowers.


This daisy bush was here when we arrived, and I love its cheery yellow.


This is one of my favourite plants at the moment. The small bed pictured used to be concrete, so I'm thrilled that I can now look out on some greenery and pretty flowers. The vine was marketed as "yellow jasmine" but I'm not sure it bears any relation to a jasmine plant, as it neither climbs well nor has a scent.

There are lots of bulbs poking their heads out of the soil, so I look forward to being able to post pictures of their blooms in the next few months. To me, the daffodil is one of the most wonderful of God's creations! They are extra special to me now because we had them at our wedding.

Anonymous –   – (June 22, 2010 at 12:03 PM)  

I can't imagine having Pansies in June! Mine are long since spent and gone. They get planted in the fall and last until the end of April when the heat sets in. Love that blue pot though, very pretty. :)

Jean  – (June 23, 2010 at 7:36 AM)  

Welcome to Bloomin' Tuesday! You have a lot more bloomin' in winter than I ever do! Looking forward to seeing more of your bloomers. Jean

Ott, A.  – (June 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM)  

Stoppin by from bloomin' tuesday. Your flowers look great, especially the jasmine plant. Happy gardening!

Alyssa  – (June 24, 2010 at 8:15 AM)  

I enjoyed seeing your blooms, thanks for sharing!

Tracy  – (June 28, 2010 at 6:21 AM)  

Glad to see you on Bloomin' Tuesday! Winters in my area have zero blooms - all snow and ice from December to April. Your flowers are very pretty - I love the daisy bush.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP