Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blue and yellow sampler quilt



I am very happy to have completed my blue and yellow sampler quilt. I love the traditional patterns! I learned the hand patchwork technique at a class in mid-2008, and completed most of the blocks then. It took me nearly two more years to complete the final three blocks, machine sew the strips between the blocks, and hand quilt it. Here is the back of the quilt:


You may be able to see that some of the fabric bled when I washed the quilt, even though I had pre-washed the dark fabrics many times and washed the finished quilt in cold water. The bleeding all occurred where dark blue fabric had been stitched. Maybe this is just the price you pay for using certain types of dark blue fabric? I was upset at first but realised after a few days that the finished product was still attractive. Now I have finished this project I am excited to be able to start designing a quilt for the new baby!

Faith  – (June 22, 2010 at 6:00 AM)  

that quilt is gorgeous and the colors of my dining room linens in the summer months!Great job!!

Anonymous –   – (June 22, 2010 at 5:52 PM)  

This is beautiful Sherrin,
I marvel that your time is so well organised that you can complete a work like this!
Jenny

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP