Related Posts with Thumbnails

Elnathan's cot Bible time



I love to start my day with prayer. Even a few minutes goes a long way! I was getting up before baby for a while, but that has become more difficult since he has started believing that day beings at 5.30 or 5.50am. Now Elnathan has his own little Bible time with his Bible story books and a recording of one of the gospels, while I pray. After his morning breastfeed I place him in his cot, give him the books, put on the CD, and off I go for 10 - 15 minutes. He is quite used to it now and is generally happy there. What about you? Do you have any creative Mummy solutions for personal prayer?


I tried to get cute pictures of Elnathan reading his books, but he was too quick for me! He spied the camera and wanted to look. I will continue the habit of morning Bible time with Natey even if I find another time for personal prayer, as it will be a good start for him in having quiet times with God.

Bron  – (June 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM)  

That's a great idea - thanks!

Faith  – (June 5, 2010 at 10:17 AM)  

Wonderful!
Sadly, my husband and I, altho big proponents for our own personal prayer time and praying together as a couple as much as we can, have neglected this discipline when our girls were young. And now...we are reaping the consequences because altho they do pray with us at meals and at bedtime, I fear they don't seek this on their own. I have always done devotionals with them however and now my teenager reads the Bible on her own. but....recently my husband and I actually apologized to our girls for neglecting the importance of personal prayer time with them. Like my husband says tho....the teen IS praying in her life group (small group Bible Study) and the leader has confirmed it. but...I wish we had set aside a more specific DAILY time like you are doing, when they were much younger. Thanks for sharing this...it was encouraging!!

Anonymous –   – (June 16, 2010 at 9:34 PM)  

Hi Sherrin,
It was lovely to read of your routine with your little one. My oldest is now 10, and I realise that I need to help him develop a more personal relationship with the Lord, external to the things we do together as a family.
Thanks, Jenny

Bron  – (June 21, 2010 at 8:53 PM)  

Hi Sherrin, what Bible CD's do you use?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP