Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pizza and Jelly

I wanted to share these two foods I love, but now that I've uploaded the pictures into the same post it seems like the foods don't go together! Not to worry. Food is food.

Firstly, one of my all time favourite foods - vegetarian pizza.



Here is a great pizza base recipe that makes preparing pizza easy. It makes two pizza bases. If you only want one, halve it.

3 cups wholemeal flour
2 tablespoons dried mixed herbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon herb salt (if you don't have herb salt, ordinary is fine).
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup water

Mix together dried ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix again. If any bits of dough will not mix in, knead them in briefly. Roll out and place on trays. Pierce dough with a fork in several places. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and place toppings on. I usually cook some onion, capsicum, and a clove of garlic with olive oil. Then I add some tomato based pasta sauce or a tin of diced tomatoes. Then I add other vegetables and fruit such as: pineapple, carrot, corn pumpkin pieces (pre-cooked), olives, and mushrooms. I usually mix it all together and then put it on, as I think this saves time. I use whatever I can find in the fridge or pantry. This makes it different each time, which is fun! Of course, on top of the veggies goes plenty of cheese :). I often make this when friends come over, and many have said that they like it. This is true even of those who are not vegetarian. The pizza takes about an hour to prepare.


Now we come to jelly . . .



This is another food I like to prepare for guests. It is quick, and it looks good if I can get it to come out of the mould right! I use two packets of flavoured jelly available from the supermarket, prepare it according to the instructions on the packet, place it in a mould, and add some fresh or canned fruit. It does require a little foreplanning, as it needs to be made the night before.

I'd better go, writing all this is making me hungry! I've got some pizza to eat at home :).

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP