Related Posts with Thumbnails

Encouragement from across the globe!

Last week I received this wonderful comment on my post Bible Memory - A Joy. This brother's experience shows how starting small can lead to great things!

Dear Sister

I found your site whilst looking for something else! Greetings from the UK!

Bible memorisation has been a great blessing to me too. It began in a small way, learning verses by themes. I then graduated to whole books. So far, I have memorised Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, 1 Peter and James in the NT - as well as various other chapters and paragraphs.
The problem is keeping it all up! Having memorised the verses, I don't want to lose them. It is a delightful form of bondage!

With very best wishes to you.

In our Saviour, Timothy Cross

I was also encouraged in the value of memorizing the Bible one day at school this week. The rain was pelting down on the roof, and my mind naturally went to a passage from Isaiah that I have reviewed many times. It was great to have scripture come to mind so easily.

As the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
To water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud
To give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater
So shall my word be that comes forth from my mouth
It shall not return to me void
But shall accomplish what I please
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

My memory of exact references is not as good, however. I think this is from Isaiah 55:10-11.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP