Related Posts with Thumbnails

Valentine's Day

This year I received valentines from two people!

The first person is the one you would expect: Dave. I can't say too much about this, as it is too romantic. It does involve roses, a poem, dinner, and a late night contemplation of the sea.

The second person is a little more unexpected - Keziah. She sent me an e-card where John 3:16 came up bit by bit. One letter was highlighted in each snippet and each floated to the top of the card as the other letters faded away and the next snippet came up. These formed the word valentine. I think this is a lovely way to celebrate Valentine's Day, focusing on God's love!

In the USA Valentine's Day seems to be more widely celebrated, and not just as a "romantic" day. I remember two girlfriends of mine, who both had American mothers, organising a "girls only" Valentine's Day party when we were about 12. They went all out with decorations, and we had fun! They gave out little gifts. At the time I thought it was odd to have a Valentine's Day party with no boys, but now I look back on it with greater understanding of the different ways people celebrate the day in the USA.

Keziah  – (February 15, 2007 at 8:32 PM)  

Glad you liked it! I thought it was very pretty and wanted to share it with some of my girlfriends, particularly ones whom I have really learned from and been encouraged by since starting my blogging adventure.

aus_chick  – (February 17, 2007 at 1:08 AM)  

Last year I didn't realize that girls gave each other valentine's as a standard thing, so this year I remembered and sent e-cards to all the girls in my small group!

Actually, apparently kids here buy packs of valentine's cards to give to all their classmates - just like christmas cards.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP