Related Posts with Thumbnails

Skirts

Soon after my arrival in South Africa, I noticed that shops sold many more long skirts than they do in Australia. I wondered why this was the case. I soon noticed that black African women are more likely to wear long skirts than white women are. Especially in rural areas, it is common for them to wear skirts. Since black people form the majority of the population in South Africa, there is obviously more of a market for long skirts there than in Australia.

Since I like long skirts, and it is difficult to find a variety of them in Australia, I bought two. Prices were more reasonable than they are in Australia, because of the exchange rate (5.5 Rand to one dollar). Skirts like these would have cost me AU$ 60-80 here, but in South Africa they only cost me about $40.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP