Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hi from South Africa

I am just logging in to say "Hi"!! So far I love South Africa. It is a beautiful place. Yesterday I had a swim in the Indian Ocean. The sand is much coarser than at home. The waves knocked me right over and I didn't stay in long.

We arrived here on Thursday night (South African time, Friday morning in Austrlaia) after a very long and tiring trip. We have spent two nights here so far, and this is our second full day.

We are at Dave's parents house right now. It has been great to meet Dave's family (Mum, Dad and brother). We had lunch together yesterday, as well as spending time together today. I have just been oohing and ahing over Dave's baby photos!

Other events on the trip so far have included staying with Dave's friend Mark who has only just moved into his house and is having plumbing trouble. He is a great person, a wonderful example of generosity and hospitality under difficult circumstances.

I have also visited a market and some stores here. The shopping possibilities look very positive, but so far I have been very self controlled!

I am grateful to God for what has happened so far on our trip. It is a wonderful opportunity, and I hope to make the most of it! My back pain has not been too bad most of the time, but I'd still appreciate your prayers in that regard.

This place is different to anywhere I have visited before, and it is a great blessing to see more of God's earth and meet his people here.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP