Related Posts with Thumbnails

Dave's family

One of the reasons I visited South Africa was to meet Dave's family. It was a blessing to spend time with them on several occasions. One day Dave's Mum kindly cooked us a yummy lunch and we had a late-Christmas-present-opening time!

Dave with his father William and brother Christopher.



Dave with his Mum, Dianne.

I think it is an important part of any courting relationship to meet one another's family. I don't think the insights it gives into a person's character can be gained as effectively any other way. I am grateful for the opportunity to meet Dave's family, and for the kind welcome they gave me into their lives.

Anonymous –   – (February 18, 2007 at 3:58 AM)  

Sherrin,

I discovered you page while I was googling verses that talk about Godly men, women, and families (e.g. Psalms 128, Proverbs 31). After being engaged to a man prior to meeting his family, I can't agree with you more!! I know that I would have thought much longer and harder had I met him with his family, friends, and others with whom he relates first. (We have since ended our engagement.)

God's best to you and yours -

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP