Related Posts with Thumbnails

Small things remind us of God’s character

After I wrote my post on the desires of our hearts, I began to think about the fact that it is often through small things that God reminds us of large and important truths. It is as though in our finiteness we need some context in which to grasp and realise anew truths that are otherwise abstract. My friend Felicity shared experiences from her trip to New Zealand in an email to me. This was another reminder that small events in life can help us to focus on God’s character.

“ I have really found it comforting it understand how God is in control of every moment of our lives and to rest on the truth that what he has determined before time to happen no man can change. It has been a real comfort to me these last few days. I went for a 6 hour bushwalk last Thursday on a track that promised to have wonderful views and was disappointed that on our way up the mountain to start the walk it started to rain, and throughout the day the weather only got colder and reduced visibility except for a few moments when the clouds lifted and a spectacular view was revealed. But as I started the walk it struck me that while I hadn't wanted it to be cold or cloudy God had known long before I got there what conditions I would face and he had prepared me for the trip and knew what I would face. While God held off the rain until the last 2 hours of the walk, and I know that he could of provided a fine clear sky, sunny day. It was a tremendous comfort to know that whatever happened he was in control and that his plans can't be thwarted.”

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP