Related Posts with Thumbnails

Excitement and more excitement

Happy New Year! The past couple of weeks seem to have been a whirl of excitement for me, and the whirl will not be ending any time soon!

As if Mike and Christine's engagement BBQ was not enough excitement, the next day our friends from Texas came to visit Tasmania for the first time in ten years . . .

Dianne, Mum, Bethany, me.

The Bewshers used to live here, but moved to the USA ten years ago. I visited them in Texas three and a half years ago. It was good to meet with them and have them come around for dinner.

A couple of days after that I had to go up to Launceston (two and a half hours drive) to the school where I worked all year. We had a Presentation Night where the children performed and certificates were presented . . . a chance to say last goodbyes!

Later that week John Dekker and some other friends came for dinner and games. I invited John months ago via his blog after he posted about some of the unusual games he enjoys. We played a card game called Citadels and it was fun . . .


The next day it was my friend Christina's concert as part of the trio Eden. They played a beautiful variety of music.


Mike and Christine were there, and their adoration of the baby was obvious . . .


Afterwards we enjoyed going out for dessert.

Before we knew it, Christmas arrived. I spent a lot of time preparing for Christmas, as I decided to make Dave a scrapbook as a present and it took me longer than I expected! I kept having to put it away and get it out as well, because he kept coming to visit :). I couldn't wait to give it to him until Christmas day, Christmas eve afternoon had to do! Dave gave me a lovely necklace, which I am looking forward to wearing a lot.

We spent Christmas eve with our friends the Downes family.

Christmas day was made much more joyous by the presence of three small children . . .


and Dave . . .


One of my presents was a picnic hamper, and we recently took if for a picnic beside a river . . .

On New Year's Eve it was fun to go to church. We had an unusual service outside and we brought our dinner . . . another chance to use the hamper! It was a blessing to think about the New Year from God's perspective and pray together. Dave and I stayed up to see in the New Year, overlooking the waterfront near my home with the moon shimmering brightly.

I am now trying to have a couple of day's rest before we set out on our South African adventure. The last week has been full of lots of travel considerations! On Thursday we will be there. I do not expect to be able to post any more pictures until after we return on January 19.

Soon after arriving back I will be leaving again, this time for Sydney. This year I am commencing a Diploma of Education by correspondance, which requires an orientation session in Sydney in late January and early February. I expect the Diploma to take up much of my time this year.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP