Related Posts with Thumbnails

Submission and the Fall

Many issues related to the role of women were raised in the comments section of my Strong women post. My comments in response were not comprehensive, due to time constraints. I wrote that I would at some point write more extensively on these topics in blog posts. This could take me a long time, as time constraints on writing are still a reality! Right now I want to refer you to a good article on the fact that God's order in male and female relationships was instituted even before the fall. In the post
"Submission - Does It Precede The Fall?" Tim Challies explains this point: "the fact that women are to submit to their husbands is not merely the product of the Fall of the human race into sin, but is a product of God's creation. Even if sin had never entered the world, a wife would still be expected to submit to her husband." I think he demonstrates this point well, summarising the points from Wayne Grudem's book "Evangelical Feminism and Biblical Truth".

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP