Related Posts with Thumbnails

Happy engagement

On Friday I was excited to be able to attend Mike and Christine's engagement BBQ. It felt surreal to meet Christine, much talked about on blogs and away from them, in person. I can tell you she is really real. Others were also interested in the Mike and Christine story . . .


I also saw another important blogger at the BBQ as well. There seemed to be lots of bloggers there. Christine told me that someone asked her seriously if non-bloggers were allowed to attend! Here is John . . .


I caught him just as he saw me and exclaimed "Sherrin!". I like this picture! I figured that since John never puts pictures of himself on his blog I'd better take it upon myself to let you know what he looks like! John told me that Jessie said "hello". This temporarily threw me. "What! Where did you see her!". I was brought down to earth when he told me she said this via a comment on a blog. "Oh, that is OK!" John is also coming for dinner tomorrow night, along with some of the unusual games he featured on his blog earlier this year. Our paths also crossed yesterday when we indulged our mutual interest in civil war history by watching a 1 and a half hour documentary, along with John's brother, at the house of an elder of one of the Presbyterian churches in Hobart. I felt that I must be a very odd girl to be sitting there watching war documentaries with three men, but moving back to the point of this post . . .

Since I thought some jealous people might dispute the fact that I have met Christine, I made sure I asked for a picture with her. I felt like a dwarf when I looked at myself next to her! Christine seems like a great lady, and I look forward to getting to know her more in future.

Dave kindly accompanied me to this very blogger-filled occasion, and stayed around for many blog-filled conversations, even though he is not quite so enthusiastic about blogs as I am! He is happy for Mike and Christine, even though they did meet through blogs.

Others have also written about this important occasion on their blogs: see Jonny and Mike.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP