Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thirtieth Birthday Party


Dave organised a thirtieth birthday party for me at my parents' house on the weekend.



It was meant to be a picnic brunch, and we were glad the weather cleared intermittently at least so we could be outside most of the time. Dave did a great job of hosting.



Guests brought donations for iThemba Lethu transition home for abandoned babies in South Africa, to go with our family birthday gift to that wonderful place!



Several babies came to the party, and they were very cute together! These three tiny ones are only weeks apart in age.



Mercy loved the baloons. She also got incredibly dirty!


Two munchkins were cute singing twinkle twinkle together.




Often after a party you feel a bit deflated, but not with this one! Dave had organised a surprise box for me where guests put their favourite Scriptures plus something about what they appreciate in their friendship with me. This was a treasure trove to explore in the afternoon following the party, and I look forward to reading it again soon.
Posted by Picasa

Homemanager  – (October 18, 2011 at 5:08 AM)  

Happy thirtieth Birthday, Sherrin!! What a wonderfully blessed party, my dear friend.
My husband took me away to Vermont this past weekend for my fifty-second birthday. We had a wonderful (and much needed) time away.
I don't have a scripture in mind, but I wanted to tell you what a wonderful wife and mom you are to your family. We have been friends for a bit now and you are such a blessing to me way over here in the US! I see how the Lord has blessed you and grown you into a beautiful, and faithful young woman. May the Lord continue to use you for His glory through this new year.
<3

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP