Related Posts with Thumbnails

Birthday cakes and baby bumps

On Saturday it was the twins' 2nd birthday. It was fun to decorate cakes for the little ones. One of my nephews was being serious type. He looked at his engine cake without a smile . . .



and made some unsuccessful attempts to blow out the candles.

This one, on the other hand, grinned as we sang happy birthday and successfully extinguished both candles! Right after, he decided it was time to eat the lion's ear.


I can't tell you what a joy it is to be in the kitchen again making yummy things for people to enjoy. One of the main ways I show love to people is to feed them, and it was hard when I could hardly prepare any food due to all-day-sickness. For a few weeks there, even opening the fridge door could send me rushing to the toilet bowl. Something went wrong with my nose! Reading recipes, something I usually enjoy, became nausea inducing. I'm happy to say that all is back to normal now, and I'm loving my birthday present . . .


This wonderful book contains just about everything you could hope to know about food and cooking! What a blessing it is to be able to look up a particular food that we have in the garden, or that comes to mind, and find ideas for how to prepare it. It does not have any pictures, but that does not worry me.

Since it is the last week of the month, and I've promised baby bump updates, here is a picture taken two days ago at 16 weeks and 5 days of pregnancy.


That may not look like a bump to you, but my tummy sure looks different to us!

Homemanager  – (November 30, 2008 at 2:36 PM)  

Sherrin!
The twins look wonderful!
I forgot that the twins are so close in age with my little "buppy" (her nickname and what she actually calls herself) :-)

Bethan is starting to understand "birthdays". We had two desserts and I thought I would give her a choice, so I presented a pan of brownies and some muffins and asked her which she wanted (I was expecting her to point to one or the other) but to my surprise, she said, "happy happy"...I was puzzled at first, but then the light dawned..she was meaning the brownies in the pan because she was thinking it was a birthday cake! :-D She is at such a fun age of 2! She is discovering all sorts of new things and makes the most delightful exclamations about them.

You look wonderful and I'm so happy that the "all-day-sickness" is done. :-) I can't wait to "meet" your little one!

Blessings,
Karen

Sherrin  – (December 1, 2008 at 9:56 AM)  

Thank you, Karen!

It is fun to hear how you are enjoying your littlest! What a sweetie.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP