Related Posts with Thumbnails

9 weeks to go

At this time in nine weeks I will be a married woman. In fact, I'll probably be at our wedding reception. In the next nine weeks, I have many goals. Some of these are:

1. Honour my parents and enjoy the last weeks I will spend with them.

2. Finish my quilt so that it can go on our new bed that we hope to buy soon!

3. Learn to cook some chicken dishes so that Dave doesn't have to eat vegetables all the time. Of course, he can cook his own meat dishes but I'd also like to expand my cooking abilities to include some.

4. Work toward completing "The Excellent Wife" Study Guide.

5. Ask married ladies for their advice about marriage.

6. Complete trimester 2 of my Diploma of Education. I am only studying part time this trimester, but there is still a lot of work to do. I am trying to finish early so I can have a couple of weeks off before the wedding. I will go on Field Experience full time for three weeks soon.

7. Have my wedding dress altered and the bridesmaid's outfits made.

8. Complete the remainder of the invitations.

Dave is moving back from Melbourne next week, and it is exciting to think about moving things into our new home! We are going to rent a house from a friend of Dave's. This is very providential, as the price is what we would normally pay for a flat. The house has many attributes we like, including a garden, a deck, and a blue kitchen! Dave will move in as soon as he returns from Melbourne. This means that I can begin to move our things in, although I will not be living there until after the wedding (needless to say)! I am excited about moving over my great Grandmother Ida's chairs, which my Grandad left me, and the many generous gifts of household items that we have received. There are lots of things stored away in boxes and cupboards that can finally be brought out and used! If I have a chance, I intend to add another task to my list:

9. Make slip covers and cushions for great Grandma Ida's chairs. The chairs have lovely lattice backs that need cushions to make them comfortable, and cushioned seats. The seats are covered with a not-so-lovely fabric, so it would be good to make some covers.

Sherrin  – (June 18, 2007 at 7:07 PM)  

Yes, trimester . . . Wesley Institute registered this course as an 18 month course, and then crammed the content into one year, so there are three terms in one year. After I have finished this trimester, I begin another one in September. This is why the course is so intense when it is done full time. It contains 18 months of content in about 10 months!

Homemanager  – (July 10, 2007 at 12:22 AM)  

Sherrin!
9 weeks with this post and 6 in your later post! Oh my! how quickly it is coming. I'm so excited for you and Dave.
I have been thinking and praying about your email and will send it soon.
Many Many Rich Blessings to you!
Karen

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP