Related Posts with Thumbnails

Home Sweet Home

It is a joy to be back home - for two nights, anyway! As soon as I arrived, I rushed out to my garden to see its progress. The lettuce leaves are big enough to eat now, and new flowers are blooming. It always amazes me to see how much things grow in two weeks.

I had a good day at the staff meeting today in Launceston. It was held the school where I will be working. Today I also visited the lady who has offered me board in Launceston. It seems like a good situation. The room I will be in overlooks her garden and the hills.

I left NSW RTL on Tuesday afternoon, so I could be in Burnie for training on Wednesday and Thursday. It was hard to leave so soon, after having a good time there. I had a few difficulties on my travel to Burnie via Melbourne, but as I wrote in my diary: "I doubt the trouble will stick in my mind. Rather I'll remember the descending sun casting a golden haze around the hills and mountain peaks of my island home. The sun also shimmered lemon and gold over the water of the straight, for a long while all the eye could see and then rippling outwards from the hazy hills. The wide green swarths of grass along the coast were a welcome sight as we flew closer, even with the foreign seeming red soil gashing through. Home!"

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP