Related Posts with Thumbnails

Prayer: your legacy

Fern Nichols writes that "even with so many things to be busy about - most of them good things- the absolute best thing you can do is to pray."
"You cannot give a greater gift to those you love." 
 I don't live like I believe this. I agree with Fern's statements, but too often my life and feelings don't match up with these truths. I am more eager to complete my unborn baby's quilt than I am to pray for her future. At times I grow frustrated and despondent when I can't do what I want physically, or cannot pursue various learning opportunities, even though I can still do the best thing.

While a clean house, good meals and creative gifts bless my family, even the best of these things are temporary. In contrast, "Long after we're gone and our lives are but a memory, God will still be responding to the faithful, fervent prayers we've offered on behalf of our dear ones." Our prayers are powerful not just in the present, but into the future and eternity.

The eighth chapter of Voices of the True Woman Movement, "leaving a lasting legacy through prayer", has provided me with fresh inspiration and determination in my prayer life. In less than three months I will once again be spending hours feeding a tiny baby. I will be making leaps and bounds in living the truth about prayer if instead of being frustrated and bored, I can invest time in prayer and feel that I have done something worthwhile.

Naomi Rayner  – (August 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM)  

Sherrin,
I have loved reading your blogs about the "True Woman Movement." I am looking into purchasing the book for myself in the coming weeks.
It's incredible how the Lord moves. The Lord has recently been pressing the issue of being a woman as the Bible describes. In particular, Proverbs 31 has really been on my heart, and the Lord has been inspiring me to write about it. The book I am writing is very much still in it's early stages, but it's encouraging that other women are sensing the time we are in to move into biblical womanhood. I guess you could say it's confirmation for me that I'm still on the right "wavelength!"
Be encouraged, I think you are doing a wonderful job!

Sherrin  – (August 31, 2010 at 9:50 AM)  

Thanks Naomi! I look forward to reading some of your thoughts on the topic of womanhood :).

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP