Related Posts with Thumbnails

Exploring a Charlotte Mason Education

 

I have appreciated exploring the "Higher Up and Further In" website. Lindafay writes about applying Charlotte Mason's educational ideas at home. I particularly appreciated the article about having an organised home, as she gives ideas of what you can expect of children of differing ages. I want to teach Elnathan to complete whatever tasks he is able to do, as early as possible. This will be hard work at first, but we will hopefully enable him to contribute positively to our home and be confident in completing tasks. The "Higher Up and Further In" blog is no longer updated, but it is well worth exploring the old posts. Many of the articles have been compiled on a new website Charlotte Mason Help. I found the quote on the "Higher Up and Further In" sidebar thought-provoking.
"We talk of lost ideals, but perhaps they are not lost, only changed; when our ideal for ourselves and for our children becomes limited to prosperity and comfort, we get these, very likely, for ourselves and for them, but we get no more."
— Charlotte Mason

Jo McDougall –   – (February 13, 2010 at 9:38 AM)  

Sherrin, I assume you have seen this site:
http://www.amblesideonline.org/CM/toc.html
where you can download CM's 6 volume book.
(I'm a big fan of CM!)

Jo

Anna  – (February 16, 2010 at 1:03 PM)  

Great link. Thanks for sharing! I'm still working my way through it in my free time.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP