Related Posts with Thumbnails

Attractive salad presentation



A few weeks ago we attended an event, and brought a salad. It was full of fresh garden produce (including the last of our snap peas) but it was all mixed up together with feta and looked something like a green and white mess! This was our usual way of making salads, and so we just went ahead and did the same thing for this event. There were two other salads there, which were presented in a lovely way. I quickly noticed that these were rapidly disappearing, while ours remained virtually untouched! Due to this, I decided to make an effort to present salads attractively. It is wonderful to have organic ingredients, but it is even better to present them so they look yummy! The picture above is my second attempt at this. We have the advantage of growing edible flowers in our garden, which can be used as a garnish and eaten if desired!

Deb  – (February 10, 2010 at 1:11 PM)  

Sherrin ~ I sure would take some of your salad! It looks delicious, and you've made it very attractive...I've never eaten a flower though!

Faith  – (February 12, 2010 at 5:58 AM)  

yummy! you can bet I'd take some of that salad!!

One thing I like to do, especially in our summer months when dining on the deck or with friends over, is to make a layered salad in a large clear container (I use plastic but everyone thinks it is glass!). I put the greens on bottom, then a layer of shredded carrots, sliced cukes, more greens, then radishes, more greens, then sliced boiled egg, croutons and shredded cheddar. sometimes I add different veggies or whatever I have on hand. the top layer is always the crutons or bacon bits tho :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP