Related Posts with Thumbnails

It is not all about me

As a woman getting married, you are often told that the wedding day is "all about you". Apparently, it is "your day". To some extent this is true. The bride is a big focus on the wedding day. Traditionally, the day marks not only her marriage but also her transition from living with her parents to making a new home. In many ways I am living out this tradition. On my wedding day I will not only be gaining a new name, it will also be the first time I move out of my parents' home with no intention of returning there to live at some stage.

Despite this, I have to come to the conclusion that wedding day is not all about me. No part of a Christian's life is to be "all about me". We live every day to love God and to love others. I make choices about my wedding day not just on the basis of what I want, but also on the basis of what will bless my guests, my parents, and my husband-to-be. Most of all, Dave and I aim that the occasion will bring praise and glory to God.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP