Related Posts with Thumbnails

9/7/07

Last year on this date I wrote 9/7/99 in the providence of God. This year, on the eight anniversary of my car accident, I am also grateful. This time, I am especially thankful that God spared my life. He has enabled me to live to . . .

Attend my brother's engagement party and look forward to his wedding to the lovely Jen in November . . .



Watch my friends Christina and Peirce practise for having fun with their hypothetical 12 children, and look forward to being a bridesmaid at their wedding in December . . .


Hug my mother, and pray with her . . .


Enjoy my twin nephews and their sister, develop a stronger relationship with my sister Janelle and her husband Lyndon, and attend the dedication of the twins on June 30. . .


I am also grateful that God answered the prayers that I was praying as a result of the feelings I described in my post On marriage less than a year ago. In that post I described how I was less than content with singleness, and shared my ideas about courship and marriage. I am now willing to acknowledge that my struggle was partly because I already had strong feelings for Dave! I am amazed at the way God enabled Dave and I to live out so many of the principles I described in that post . . . and the way he proved it is most definitely not impossible for him to provide a husband for someone as weird as me! In less than six weeks we will be married, and it is a great blessing that God spared my life so that this could occur.

Last week one of my school friends lost her sister in a car accident. I cannot imagine how agonising this would be. So even as I am thankful today for my life, I am also praying for those who mourn. I have suffered a little, but it has never been so enourmously shattering. May God truly comfort the family, and help them to mourn fully for the one he has taken to be with him in heaven.

John Dekker  – (July 9, 2007 at 11:04 PM)  

That looks like Jen Kuipers. I didn't know your brother was marrying Jen Kuipers.

Say hello to her from me next time you see her, won't you?

Homemanager  – (July 10, 2007 at 12:25 AM)  

What an exciting and blessed time in your family! I am rejoicing with you, Sherrin.
The twins have grown so quickly! Your family is lovely!
God's Richest Blessings to you and yours!
Karen

Sherrin  – (July 10, 2007 at 5:28 PM)  

Hi John,

That is indeed Jen Kuipers. How do you know her?

Hi Karen,

I am looking forward to hearing from you via email! Thanks for dropping by my blog.

John Dekker  – (July 10, 2007 at 9:34 PM)  

I think it must have been through Kat Gray.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP