Related Posts with Thumbnails

iSonto #23

Elnathan was so sweet this morning when he hugged Mercy and said "Do I love my sister?" Here he is intently doing a puzzle that would have been too hard for him a few months ago. I have enjoyed precious moments this week watching the two of them focus their tiny hands on puzzle pieces.


Natey's memory verse was "All Scripture was given by inspiration of God".

Mercy was delighted to pull apart a rose on the front porch.


This week we are thankful for the . . .




* Lovely abundance of corn and pumpkins and gem squash and climbing beans all together at the back corner of the garden, and the marigolds at the front entrance



* Happy days with cousins on holiday. Esther came one day, Jeriah another. Esther is an excellent play mate and shows the little ones how to use their toys.

* Curls on the back of Mercy's head

* A great time at the beach this morning, with Mercy loving the water with Daddy

* A picnic with friends at the beach this evening.



* Mercy is walking beautifully, which is an absolute delight to me and my sore back as I don't have to pick up and carry her much anymore. It is also just very cute, and she took off boldly up the beach this morning, with great determination to go who knows where!

* God slowly showing me what meekness is

* The stillness sleep brings to active bodies and curious eyes

* Shells to decorate a sand tortoise

* Songs for Saplings ABC CD teaching us God's word as we do our work or play

From garden to tummies . . .

We have had lots of butter beans, which Nate likes to eat raw. I had them all in a bowl and Mercy tipped them out, and it was so cute when she obeyed us and started packing them away again.



Encouragement, ideas and inspiration came from One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, a deep and vibrant call to a life of thanksgiving.  


One funny moment was when Dave came in and said to Nate "Is that my boy" and Nate replied "I'm not a boy, I'm a car". He has started contradicting most things we say. This presents a new training challenge, but also brings some comedy.
Posted by Picasa

Deb  – (January 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM)  

Hi Sherrin ~ I loved your post! Yes, the children are getting to the very cute stage! I especially enjoy hearing about their interactions with each other and how little Nate watches after his sister. (I tried to comment on another post I enjoyed a while back but it never was accepted. Just wanted you to know I'm still reading and love keeping up with your growing family.)

Faith  – (January 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM)  

What a delight your children are bringing to you, huh?? I just love when they start to really interact with each other and YAY for obedient children picking up beans....:)
I have now read One Thousand Gifts TWICE through....I have a "meme" on the blog I do called "treasures from God" where I record certain "gifts" from my private journal that God has blessed me with on the challenge of finding 1000 of them this year.....Have a great start to the new week, Sherrin!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP