Related Posts with Thumbnails

iSonto #16

Elnathan was happy to help with the watering. I was happy to see that the water ended up on a plant! These are our new bush bean seedlings. We have enjoyed great germination. It is lovely the way bean seedlings unfurl and pop out of the soil.



Natey's memory verse was Matthew 19:14, Jesus said, "let the little children come to me". It did us good to see him sitting on the floor saying this to himself after only a couple of practices. It was a reminder to me of the worth of putting in that little bit of effort!
 
Mercy was happy to begin to push the block walker we gave Elnathan for his first birthday only 18 months ago today! Now we have an all new, unique person to practice walking with it.



From garden to tummies . . .

Broad beans have been enjoyed in soup and risotto.

A book we enjoyed together was Faster, Faster Little Red Train, a delightful book with illustrations that can be talked about for a long time. At the library this week I realised our little boy's interests have diversified since I first brought him six months ago, and I am no longer searching only for books about cars..


Encouragement, ideas and inspiration came from Educating the Whole Hearted Child by Clay and Sally Clarkson. This is a treasure trove of information and ideas. I can't wait to order the all new and expanded version for next year. I last read this when I was breastfeeding Elnathan, and now I am re-reading it while feeding Mercy. It is fun to now have ideas of real life application as Elnathan will become a  preschooler next year.

We are thankful for the lovely first birthday party we attended for a little friend born one week earlier than Mercy. These two babies had the same due date.




It was a delightful Tasmanian day.




We have a beautiful flower corner in our veggie garden this year.


The garlic are looking brilliant, with thick stems.

I am also extra grateful for Dave after having him away for  a couple of days. As well, I've been reflecting on how grateful I am that I used the "extra" quiet time when Elnathan was a baby well. It disappeared this year!

Isonto is a Zulu word for both week and Sunday, so Dave suggested it as the title of this little update I plan (God willing) to put out each Sunday.

Helen –   – (November 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM)  

Unfortunately only the book picture is showing the rest not
Helen

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP