Related Posts with Thumbnails

Praising God for Mercy's birth


 
There are so many things to be grateful for about Mercy's birth, including . . .
  • I prayed and prayed that the baby would be in a good position, and the reduced pain in contractions indicates that this prayer was answered!
  • Dave's wonderful support.
  • Few of the birth suites at the hospital have baths, and you are not allowed to bring in a birth pool. We were so grateful that a suite with a bath was available!
  • Having a lot of muscular pain during late pregnancy made me wonder if the contractions would be even more painful than last time. I wondered if muscular tension contributed to labour pain. I am grateful to realise that this is not the case!
  • I remembered the last labour and birth well, it being so recent, and I didn’t feel like doing it again. I had some fear to pray over as we approached this birth. God’s amazing goodness is shown in the fact that this birth was totally different! In away we didn’t “do it again”, we had something different to do! This is, for me, yet another reminder not to be anxious about the future.
  • The birth coming at a good time for us as a couple, even though it was late, because closer to the due date we felt more strained. We wondered about God's timing, as the extra week and a half was physically and emotionally difficult, but of course He knew best!
  • Being able to hire the same midwife we had at our first birth to assist us this time. Our midwife spoke kind, encouraging words to us and made extra effort to help.
  • Receiving good advice from our midwife about when to go to hospital, something we had been unsure about.
  • Even though I was panicking, God enabled me to get through the difficult final stage without speaking unkind words to anyone. At one point I was able to focus on Him saying “God is my help and strength, I will not be afraid”.

 These are just some of the things I've been praising God for! He is so good to us!

 

 

 These pictures were taken in hospital shortly before we left.

Posted by Picasa

Faith  – (January 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM)  

wonderful! i remember chanting...er...panting "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" over and over as I pushed out my 2nd baby at 8 lbs 15 oz......whew.....and being soooo thankful and blessed by God that I could do it all natural with no medical intervention other than my ob/gyn cut the cord :) PRAISE GOD...Babies are a gift from Him!

Father's Grace Ministries  – (January 7, 2011 at 10:50 PM)  

I had to smile at your last point, Sherrin. I was blessed to have one natural birth (not planned!), all my other children had to be C-Section. After the birth, a couple of midwives came to me and called me a real trooper, as I didn't swear or get angry at my husband. To be honest I didn't really think about it- I didn't realise bad language during labour was the norm!
Claire

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP