Related Posts with Thumbnails

Giving thanks for the first six weeks


Beyond birth . . . more reasons to praise God!

* I felt connected with the baby from the first day, with all those warm feelings you hope for, whereas I felt distant from Elnathan for some weeks until his precious first smile.
* Dave has four weeks of paid paternal leave – wow!
* God answered my prayers for no mastitis or thrush this time. While there were a few other breastfeeding problems, they were resolved in the second week of Mercy’s life.
* Mercy feeds more quickly. She can eat her fill in half an hour rather than an hour, something that I prayed for often.
* While feeding I have enjoyed using the little book of Scriptures and prayer points I prepared during pregnancy, and have learnt Colossians 3. Nancy Campbell's devotional book "100 Days of Blessing" has also helped me meditate on God's word.
* The nursing chair we purchased has helped me to have less back pain while feeding this time, and the pockets on the sides have been great for keeping books nearby.
* The routine I established for Elnathan has worked well, and he has mostly responded positively to his new sister.
* Mercy mainly sleeps well at night, only feeding once. 
* My recovery has seemed easier.
* Like Natey, Mercy has gained weight rapidly and is the picture of health! When I took her for the six week check, the doctor said she was the strongest and most alert six week old she had seen for years. That is music to a mummy's ears!

Posted by Picasa

Deb  – (January 8, 2011 at 10:11 PM)  

Hi Sherrin ~ I have really enjoyed these past posts about the baby. Mercy is 6 weeks old already--so hard to believe! So thankful that this time around everything seems easier for you and that you're both adjusting more quickly. PTL!

Tiana  – (January 9, 2011 at 5:06 PM)  

You have a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations! I absolutely love her name. :)

God Bless,

Tiana

Anna  – (January 18, 2011 at 5:57 AM)  

What a wonderful testament your lives are of God's goodness! I've been greatly encouraged by your posts lately. I'm so glad that things are going more smoothly for you. It gives me more hope for having more babies too because my recovery wasn't always easy. Praise the Lord for His blessings.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP