Related Posts with Thumbnails

39 weeks and waiting



We only have two days to go until the due date and have reached the waiting stage, with the continual question "will baby come today" on our minds. Everything is as ready as it can be with . . .

* pretty pink Bumgenius nappies on the change table
* lots of pink clothes in the cupboards and case
* a little scrapbook of prayers and scriptures compiled to read during feeds
* the garden almost completely planted out with corn, pumpkins, spinach, carrots, lettuce, beans, and much more
* 20 meals in the freezer
* presents for Nate wrapped in the cupboard
* just about every job I wanted to do completed, including sorting folders, organising bookcases, and baking banana cakes!

We can never be fully "ready" for the changes a baby brings to your life, but we can certainly prepare as much as possible in the nine months God gives. I felt like baby would come early, but it looks like I will be proved wrong! My pregnancy has been easy for the most part, except for back pain that I may have had anyway. The the last week has been more challenging. Right now walking causes a lot of pain, but we are learning to trust God with each day as it comes. Dave has been a great help. We are hoping for a natural birth again, in hospital this time, and that we will be able to draw near to God in the midst of it. I am hoping that second time around will be easier. We know that we cannot take this for granted, as smooth births are a gift from God.

Here is the first Drew munchkin . . . 


He reminds us of the great blessings we can hope for with the gift of our new child.

Anonymous –   – (November 9, 2010 at 9:19 PM)  

Praying for a quick and safe delivery... looking forward to pictures of your little girl. Blessings, Glenys

Deb  – (November 9, 2010 at 11:08 PM)  

Sherrin, I love this picture of you because you are surrounded by such a beautiful scene...your garden, flowers, the mountains in the background...but mostly it's a picture of a contented smiling wife and mom-to-be. I'll be praying for the delivery and for all to go well.

Susan  – (November 10, 2010 at 7:34 AM)  

Praying for you, Sherrin! So excited for you :-).

Anna  – (November 10, 2010 at 3:54 PM)  

You look wonderful! I love the view you have from your yard. I hope you have a wonderful experience with the birth of your little girl. Although some have bad hospital stories I had a wonderful one. I will be praying for you and your family during this wonderful time. :)
Thanks for your advice on the cloth diapers. I may be sending more questions your way in the future. ;)

heartscribblings (formerly southeastcountrywife)  – (November 12, 2010 at 9:22 AM)  

Wow, you are super-organised!! :) That's a lovely photo...and such beautiful scenery! All the best for whenever your daughter arrives (how exciting to go from blue to pink!).

Faith  – (November 14, 2010 at 1:00 AM)  

Sherrin: I am lifting you in prayer today! I have no idea if you've had the baby or not at this point..I am typing this on early morning 11/13 but you were on my mind...which is totally God because I don't even know you personally! :)
I am glad we "met" thru your blog, which actually was thru my friend Karen's blog (sower's corner). you are organized, and it sounds like you all are waiting for that special gift from God with excitement....trusting Him that all will go well for you...my 2nd birth was much quicker than my first....they are all so different....and wow...your boy sure is adorable and getting so big! blessings to you....

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP