Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listening to the Bible

After being immersed in the word for months leading up to Elnathan's birth, I did not open my own Bible for two weeks following his birth. Nor did I go for a walk, wash up, or do anything much except look after Elnathan and try to recover from birth/solve my breastfeeding issues! The challenges were all consuming. 


I am so grateful that just days before the birth, we chose to purchase this NKJV audio Bible . . . 



As well as receiving God's word during our evening Psalm reading (which we've continued together), I've been able to listen to this while feeding. What a blessing it is to hear God's word. I am grateful to one of the ladies at church who suggested I buy an audio Bible for this time.

Laura  – (May 26, 2009 at 5:05 AM)  

That is a really great idea -- I'm going to suggest it to the new mums in my church! I've also suggested it for people who are struggling with loneliness -- it's easy to fill up your mind with God's word when you're in the car, or cleaning the house, or whatever, when you have an audio Bible.

Sherrin  – (May 26, 2009 at 8:45 AM)  

I'm glad you'll pass on the suggestion!

Audio Bibles on Mp3 are actually quite cheap as well - mine only cost about AU$30, as opposed to $130 for the CD version!

Faith  – (June 1, 2009 at 5:41 AM)  

AWESOME! this would be great for my friend who just had neck surgery and has trouble with her eyes....

Sherrin  – (June 1, 2009 at 1:00 PM)  

Wow, yes . . . maybe it would make a good "Get well soon" gift!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP