Related Posts with Thumbnails

The song for the brides

One of the unique experiences we had in South Africa was attending a Zulu church service. The small church is located near a township, and the service was mainly in Zulu. The pastors are friends of Dave's, and they gave us a warm welcome. At one point during the service they decided to sing a traditional song for brides to myself and another newlywed young woman there. The congregation came around us and sang in their usual enthusiastic way, and I just smiled as I had no idea what they were saying! I later found out that they were singing that we'd cook for them all, and wash for them all!

Now Dave and I are on our way home from South Africa. We are in Singapore airport right now.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP