Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thinking bloggers

Keziah kindly nominated me for the thinking blogger award in this post.

Here are the rules for the thinking blogger award:

  1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
  2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
  3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote
Since I have been tagged it is my privilege to nominate five people whose blogs have made me think. I am grateful to each of these people.

Kimi Harris' blog is often thought provoking. Most recently, she has written in detail about the value of books in comparison to blogs. Kimi also recently wrote a challenging post about her married life so far, called Dealing with broken expectations. Kimi's hopes for her married life are very similar to my own hopes for my future. It is helpful to think about the fact that although things may not turn out as I hope, God will always be working in my marriage. Hope in him will never be misplaced.

Carmon of Buried Treasure always has thought provoking things to say! I don't read her blog as much as I used to, but whenever I do there is always something to think about. Don't go to her blog though, if you want to agree with everything you read! Go if you want to be challenged to think new thoughts. Carmon writes on everything from politics to church life.

The Girl Talk blog contains plenty to think about. Most recently I have thought about the perfection of beauty, the way God delights in it, and the way we should delight in it as well.

Mike Jolly posts thoughtfully about the Christian life. I have been thinking about his seven blogging virtues. How can I post patiently? Respectfully? With bravery?

Doug's blog is a bit like Carmon's. It has helped me to think differently about history, family life, and church life, to name a few areas. I also credit Doug's blog for helping me to feel less like a weird extremist amongst my Chrsitian brethren for opposing hormonal birth control due to its abortive effects. Whenever I feel like this I can hark my mind back to several quotes from reformers which Doug Phillips posted last year. Check out Calvin or Luther on birth control in general, abortive or not. I think you'll agree that I really am very moderate. Perhaps I could even be classified as a liberal? In the March 2006 archives there are further quotes from other Christian leaders of the past.



Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP